If you are on the road and your car breaks down, you might not know how to proceed. This is a problem that many drivers suffer from: a lack of preparedness for a disaster situation. If you find that you need auto assistance in Oakland, you should know how to act to ensure your own safety and the safety of others while minimizing damage.
Below are some important things to know about Oakland breakdown services and your role in the process of needing, requesting, and receiving help.
First of all, you should always be prepared for a roadside emergency. Serious car accidents can occur anywhere, at any time. Even the best towing in Oakland does not replace a basic level of preparedness. For your safety, you should always keep the following in your vehicle:
· A cell phone with substantial charge
· A portable cell phone charger
· A flashlight
· Extra batteries
· Warm outerwear in case you are stranded in cold weather
· A bottle of water
· A spare tire and jack
In addition to being stocked with supplies, you should also know how to act in the event that you are in an accident or have vehicle failure.
Unfortunately, a towing service in Oakland cannot be there in the first moments of an auto emergency. How you act in an emergency is up to you. These are the first actions you should take:
1. First, you should try to stay calm. When you panic, you can act recklessly and be a danger to others.
2. If your vehicle becomes disabled, you will need to pull into what is known as the breakdown lane. This will be the rightmost shoulder of the road, directly right of the last solid line on the road. If you cannot make it all the way to the breakdown lane (for example, if you are in the leftmost lane of a busy road) then at least get into the left shoulder.
3. Turn on your hazard lights to signal to other drivers that you are unable to move your vehicle.
4. Call 911 and report your emergency. Inform the dispatcher of the nature of the problem, the location of the problem, the approximate number of individuals and vehicles involved, and whether or not anyone seems to be injured.
5. Then it is as simple as waiting for the appropriate help. If you feel safe, you can choose to get out of your vehicle and open the hood of your car. This will be another signal to drivers.
6. Remain with your vehicle. If you exit the vehicle, stand on the outside of the guardrails and do not block the rear lights of your car.
A towing service can provide roadside assistance to stranded drivers. Their services will provide rapid response and can also remove debris from the road to protect you and all other drivers on the road.
In addition, they will also provide the following services on-site:
· Tire changes
· Minor automotive services
· Fuel provisions
· Towing to a safe location
A car or tow truck in Oakland will arrive to assist you as soon as possible if you are in need of assistance. You should have the contact information for an Oakland breakdown service before you step back into your car today so you can request direct assistance.